Friday 22 February 2013

Exploring Kerala

Exploring the South of India.

On the second day in Fragrant Nature resort I woke up with the sun, to the sound of birds and nature. The breakfast room looked out over the resort and I would usually have a Lassie, (mango and soft yoghurt, probably lots of sugar!)

Mid morning I took a paddle boat ride through the local area. I saw children waving to me from there small, riverside settlements, with cows and chickens, grazing freely. 



The sunset in the evening was most impressive. This picture was taken from my porch. The air was warm and dusty and the sun turned and warm red as it passed through the haze on the horizon. All the bird migrated to the palm tree on the islands to the west of the canal.



Stunning sunset from my porch. Actual color!


View from my porch.

In the evening, I went to visit an Elephant farm. The elephants there were owned by one of the boys there. I didn't get much information about what the Elephants do because my guide didn't speak english. The Indian guys at the farm only knew enough English to tell me to stay away from most of the elephants, as they were extremely temperamental. I felt they may have been mistreated and they were chained up. Though they did have plenty of food and water. 




The old Female Elephant... I got yelled at for getting this close. Apparently she's dangerous!

Mel with the "nice" Elephant.
I was terrified of them, and feeling very sorry for them!

No comments:

Post a Comment