Sunday 13 May 2012

The Metropolitan - New Delhi

Travelling the world, 

open mind, 

open heart, 

Canon 7d in hand.



My Solo adventure to India:


Eat

-India's fine Vegetarian foods, Ancient sights and quality materials & jewels.


Pray

-Learn the religions, cultures and ways of life and awe at the temples of worship.


Love

-The world and Myself. Learning about how my mind works through meditaion & yoga and appriciateing the life I have built for myself.



Day 1.

May 13, 2012


Week 1


Early this morning I landed in New Delhi, India.
This was the first time I have arrived at an airport with a man holding a sign with my name on it. However it read "Mr Melanie Jade Atkins"... Oh well, hit and miss.

 In a daze, I checked into the Metropolitan Hotel. Had brekki and went to bed!
I figured the best way to treat jet lag might be to visit the spa!
4 hours later i had sweat it up in the gym and the steam room... 1.5 hours spent with mud on my face. Half an hour in a scrubby wrap and an hour geting a several full body massages. Now let me explain something. This little Indian girl had me lying on a matruss beneath a noose. As she held onto the noose she massaged me with her feet! Job well done too. Loved it!

Really excited to be in India!

The Lovely daybed

Inventing my own yoga meditation on the daybed!


 I ordered food to my room that night and enjoyed some time on Skype with Jay!

No comments:

Post a Comment